- Complete the online Admission Inquiry form. Introductory information about Harvard-Westlake will be mailed to you and a PIN (personal identification number) code to access the secured Online Application system will be issued to you via email. This system will be available from September 2012 through January 2013.
- The Financial Aid application process, although separate and distinct, runs concurrently to the Admission application process. At this time, please visit the Financial Aid webpage for information about financial aid to learn of what documents and information your family should prepare for these applications.
- You will have a chance to work on your online application before finalizing the form. Whenever possible, please complete the Application for Admission as soon as possible. The application fee is waived for families applying for financial aid.
- Complete supporting documents through the Online Application system:
- Upload a recent photo of the applicant to the online system. This is not required, but strongly encouraged.
- Complete the Student Questionnaire and the Parent Questionnaire at least two weeks prior to your interview.
- Print out the PDF’s of the teacher recommendation forms; Administrative Recommendation Form; and the Authorization for Release of Records. Please fill out these forms, and give them to the applicant’s current English and math teachers, and school counselor, Head of School, or other school official. Please provide envelopes, stamped and pre-addressed to the Harvard-Westlake Admission Office.
Campus Visits and Interviews:
- Family Visiting Days on Saturdays fill up early. Please submit your request as soon as possible. All Family Visiting Days are held at the Middle School campus.
- Families who submit their application and application fee on or before December 3, 2012 will be guaranteed an on-campus interview. Interviews will be granted on a space available basis to families who submit their applications between December 3, 2012 and the application deadline of January 18, 2013.
- For applicants to 7th grade, the Admission Office will contact you to schedule your weekday interview once the Application for Admission and fee have been received. For applicants to 9th grade, the Admission Office will schedule an interview on the Family Visiting Day for which you have made a reservation once the Application for Admission and fee have been submitted.
- Please call the Admission Office to schedule a weekday tour of our middle school campus. For more information, visit the How to Visit page.
- Sign up early for the ISEE (Independent School Entrance Exam). Please complete and mail the ISEE Registration Form, listing Harvard–Westlake as a score recipient. Our school code is 052135. Registration may also be completed on the Education Records Bureau’s (ERB’s) website, www.erbtest.org. All applicants to Harvard–Westlake should take the ISEE before January 18, 2013. The test may be taken at any test site. For more information, visit the About the ISEE page.
Admission Decision Dates:
- For students applying to Harvard-Westlake for September 2013, admission decisions will be mailed on the following dates:
- For applicants to 9th grade and above: March 8, 2013.
- For applicants to 7th grade: March 15, 2013.
- Please contact the Admission Office at 310.288.3200 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about the application process.
700 North Faring Road
Los Angeles, CA
tel: 310.288.3200, fax: 310.288.3212