Harvard-Westlake is one of the top schools in the country because students and teachers have the necessary tools to excel in their choices for personal growth and discovery. Annual Giving provides immediate budgetary support for numerous improvements: the latest technology and hardware for 507 computers in 25 computer labs; the best teaching tools and classroom equipment; across-the-board support for our athletic and arts programs; safety and security provisions for everyone on campus; maintenance and upkeep that make the campuses so attractive; ensured financial assistance for socio-economic diversity and increased opportunities for teachers to grow professionally. These are direct benefits to our students right now and enhance their lives on both campuses everyday. While we are mindful of tomorrow's needs, we cannot neglect today's requirements.
Sustained growth of Annual Giving will help ensure immediate needs are always met. For this reason, it is included as a key component of The Opportunity of a Lifetime campaign.
If you choose to help the school by contributing to our Annual Giving campaign, we have several different recognition levels based on the amount you give during a fiscal year.
We would like to emphasize that as much as we appreciate large gifts, even small gifts truly help. The recognition levels were recently updated and became effective July 1, 2011. The updated levels are:
- Community Circle (up to $1,499)
- Scholar's Circle ($1,500 to $3,499)
- Deans' Circle ($3,500 to $4,999)
- President's Circle ($5,000 to $9,999)
- Founders' Circle ($10,000 to $24,999)
- Leadership Circle ($25,000 to $49,999)
- Centennial Circle ($50,000 to $74,999)
- Heritage Circle ($75,000 or more)
here: Give Online.
Five excellent reasons to support Annual Giving
- Your donation improves the quality of education each student receives and helps prepare the next generation of Harvard-Westlake alumni. Annual Giving is applied across the budget to buy computers and equipment, to provide assistance to athletics, visual and performing arts, and extracurricular activities. It helps maintain inviting and safe campus facilities, as well as funds continuing education for teachers.
- Tuition and fees do not cover the true cost of a Harvard-Westlake education. Annual Giving is vitally important as it helps close the gap between tuition and the real cost of educating a student at Harvard-Westlake. Endowment and interest income also help to close this gap.
- Our students benefit from a legacy of generosity. Every Harvard-Westlake student receives this partial "scholarship" and each graduate has been the beneficiary of this generosity. Donors to Annual Giving recognize their gift as a response to this "scholarship" and the opportunity for a Harvard-Westlake education.
- Contributions are tax-deductible. A donation helps Harvard-Westlake, and an individual's total tax liability can be reduced with a contribution.
- Every bit helps. Corporations and foundations often look to the number of donors in choosing the level at which they will support Harvard-Westlake. So, your gift can actually spur additional gifts.