We are excited to offer remote and virtual experiences for prospective families applying during the 2020-2021 admission cycle. While we remain hopeful that we will be able to host on-campus admission events at some point, we are committed to ensuring prospective families get to know our school community. All virtual events will be held on Zoom, and to ensure you get the most out of your experience, we wanted to share some helpful resources.
Technical Instructions for Zoom:
- When attending an event, click on the link provided or copy it into a web browser.
- We encourage applicant families to set up a Zoom account. A free ‘Basic’ level Zoom account can be created here.
- If you have not participated in Zoom before, your computer will automatically download the plug-in on your device or prompt you to download an app.
- You can also download the application ahead of the event by visiting https://zoom.us/download.
- Due to technical limitations, events can only be joined through a computer or smartphone. We cannot accept dial-in connections.
- Please enter within 5 minutes before the event start time.
- Mute microphone upon entry and remain on mute unless you are talking.
- If possible, we encourage using a virtual background image (no video) that is not distracting.
- We encourage you to use ‘Speaker View’ so that you can focus your screen on those speaking to the group.
- We ask that you not publicly post the Zoom link or share it with non-registered guests.
- If possible, try to have a light source (e.g. window, lamp, etc) in front of you.
- Keep your device on a flat surface and refrain from walking around while in the event if you’re on camera.