Harvard-Westlake School’s Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion enthusiastically announces the Student Leaders for Inclusion, Diversity, and Equity (SLIDE) Leadership Development Program (LDP). The program provides a unique opportunity for students from participating independent, public, charter, online, religious, and all other school types in grades 9-12 in 2024-25 to gather for fellowship, leadership development, courageous conversations, and the creation of a sustainable action plan around topics of diversity, equity, inclusion, justice, and belonging.
If you currently work with student leaders at your school to develop and enhance their leadership skills and practices around DEI, we’d like to connect with you!
SLIDE LDP, in partnership with Harvard-Westlake Summer, is a three-day/two-night residential program where students participate in daily programming on Harvard-Westlake’s Upper School campus and reside in dorms at UCLA. Below are the details for the 2024 program.
- Monday, June 24, 2024 to Wednesday, June 26, 2024
- Open to students who will be in 9th, 10th, 11th, or 12th grade during the 2024-25 school year
- Students will engage in three days of programming on the Harvard-Westlake Middle School campus
- Accompanied by their respective chaperones, students will spend two nights with evening activities in dorms at UCLA
- Schools are required to send at least one chaperone
- Space is first come, first served: 20 schools (maximum)| 4 students maximum per school
REGISTRATION AND FEES
Note: Student participants must be registered by a representative of their school, attending as a part of the school’s cohort and accompanied by the school’s designated chaperone. We are not able to accept individual registrations.
Fees: $5,200 for an independent school cohort of four students.
Registration: Click here to access the registration site. Please note: individual registrations are not accepted; you must be registered with your school cohort.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Questions about SLIDE Leadership Development Program should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.