OUR MISSION STATEMENT
Harvard-Westlake’s mission statement highlights the four core values that define the Harvard-Westlake experience.
Harvard-Westlake strives to be
a diverse and inclusive community united by
the joyful pursuit of educational excellence,
living and learning with integrity,
and purpose beyond ourselves.
HARVARD-WESTLAKE’S DISTINCTIVE COMMITMENT TO MULTI-FACETED EXCELLENCE WILL BE DEFINED AND STRENGTHENED BY THE FOLLOWING VISIONS:
- We will prioritize the health and well-being of our students, encouraging them to pursue excellence while finding joy, balance, and purpose in their lives.
- We will strive to instill in HW graduates the personal character and care for others essential to making a difference as community members, citizens, and leaders.
- We will further our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, enabling every member of our community to feel an equal sense of belonging.
- We will build on our tradition of extraordinary teaching and learning by deepening our investments in professional growth, curricular innovation, and employee compensation.
- We will expand our commitment to providing a Harvard-Westlake education to the most promising students in Los Angeles, regardless of their financial means.
- We will deliver on the promises of our River Park campus, supporting excellence and wellness for our students, sharing resources with the community of Los Angeles, and investing in environmental sustainability.
OUR HONOR CODE
Harvard-Westlake’s academic community is defined by our Honor Code.
As a member of the Harvard-Westlake school community:
I will let my conscience be my guide in my everyday actions and endeavors at Harvard-Westlake.
I will neither give nor receive unauthorized aid, as defined by my teacher both explicitly and implicitly, from any source on exams, homework, quizzes, papers, or any other academic endeavor.
I will not steal or violate others’ property, either academic or material.
I will not violate the person of others or the person of the school.
I will pledge my honesty to the school community, and I expect others to be responsible and to do the same.
On all my work, my name affirms my honor.